Learn to use the PWR!Moves to develop PD-specific, neuroplasticity-principled, personalized therapy and exercise plans adaptable for people with PD of any disease severity.
This Exercise Instructor workshop is designed for fitness professionals and integrates the PWR!Moves into fitness or personal training activities designed to improve endurance, strength, agility, and balance.
This workshop has been built to align with the Parkinson's Foundation exercise recommendations. These recommendations were created to ensure that people with Parkinson’s are receiving the safe and effective exercise programs and instruction they need to optimize the benefit. You can read more about these recommendations here.
PWR!Moves Certification is Valid for 3 Years
Upon completion, your PWR!Moves Instructor Certification is valid for three years and includes access to our materials, methods, and ad space in our PWR!Moves Certified professional directory.
ACE - Approved for 1.4 CEC. View Details
NCCA recognized eligibility criteria:
- Certified Personal Trainers and Group Fitness or Group Exercise Instructors and Exercise Specialists with a current certification recognized by NCCA.
Non-NCCA recognized eligibility criteria:
- Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Occupational Therapist Assistants with current state licensure or certification.
- Athletic trainer’s (ATC), Kinesiotherapists (RKT), and Recreation therapists (CTRS) with current certification or registration.
- Yoga teachers are required to have completed at least a 200-hour yoga teacher training program.
- Pilates instructors are required to have completed at least a 450-hour Pilates teacher training program.
Registration Fees - USD
$550 per person
$525 per person for groups of 2+
The PWR!Moves Instructor Certification Workshop has been recognized as a Parkinson's Foundation Accredited Exercise Education Program.
$25 Early Bird Discount
Register more than 60 days before your workshop and receive $25 off! Use coupon code EARLYBIRD25 when registering.
April 6-7, 2024 11 am Eastern start time
Virtual Workshop via Zoom
Link to be sent upon registration
Because this is a virtual workshop in order to be valid for CEUs there are a unique set of requirements to ensure we are accredited and you receive your CEU credits. Please read more about those in our policies below.
Registration Deadline is: March 31, 2024
Early Bird Coupon Expiration: February 7, 2024