Join Nancy Teeter, a registered dietitian, in discussing gut health and how it impacts your life. Eating well will help to improve intestinal motility, your immune system, and sleep among many other things. With 30-plus years in food and nutrition management, Nancy offers consultations with an emphasis on wholesome foods, integrative wellness and healthy aging. You will not want to miss this presentation!
Phyllis Walls, a registered nurse and partner of one of our PWR!Gym members, will discuss personal, family, and community empowerment. Come participate in an interactive discussion on how self-awareness, trust, caring, and acceptance of responsibility help you influence events in your life. You will not want to miss this presentation!
Neuro-acupuncture and Photobiomodulation Therapy can be beneficial as a complementary option for people with Parkinson’s disease. Join Steve Liu, a licensed acupuncturist, in discussing how each type of therapy can reduce emotional and motor symptoms such as anxiety, sleep, tremors, and slowness. Steve founded HanLing Acupuncture Healing Center in 2001 in Tucson, AZ, and has developed integrative approaches to help people with Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. You will not want to miss this presentation!
Documents & Handouts from Series
Please note that some of the wellness series do not have materials available to download. The handout availability depends on the topic and permissions of presenter. Thank you!
Hot Topics in Research, February 15th, 2018
Drs. Becky Farley and Nate McMullen
Speech, Swallowing and Cognition in Parkinson, September 21st, 2017
Janet Hawley, MS, CCC-SLP
Speech Pathologist, University of Arizona professor
Medical Marijuana and Followup, August and October, 2017
Kathy Inman and Adriana Tysenn
Followup by Dr. Becky Farley
- Cannabis Legalization and the Intended Consequences
- Understanding Cannabis 2017
- For information on methods of consumption please visit SVMMJCC.COM
- We thank Dr. Benzi Kluger for allowing us to present his video at our followup discussion. https://vimeo.com/221356207
The Importance of Getting a Good Nights Sleep, Thurs, March 16, 2017
- New York Times, Getting Older, Sleeping Less, Jane E. Brody. 1/2017
- Suggested Reading: OPTIMAL HEALTH WITH PARKINSON’S DISEASE –MONIQUE L. GIROUX, MD, Therapies for Non-Motor Symptoms, Chapter: SLEEP PROBLEMS page 249
- Suggested Assessments: SCOPA - Scale for Sleep